Head End System
Andrea Informatique has been working for more than 12 years in the smart metering and smart grid sectors. Several products and high added value services are the basis of our activities.
After designing and implementing the DLMS COSEM tool kits, Thunder (mono chip G3 PLC solution), Pegasus (our cost efficient meter solution), Phenix (Test tool), Smarthawk (Configuration tool) and Colibri (Installation tool), and in the pursuit of our strategy, Andrea Informatique has decided to design a generic platform for a Head End System.
Galaxy is the generic platform for the Head End System. Galaxy provides the basic functional block allowing a comprehensive and reliable customization in order to develop the target product. Indeed, depending on the demands and/or general requirements, Andrea Informatique can implement the specific HES as part of our partner’s Smart metering offering.
The business model of our Galaxy offer presents a high added value. Our partners can get a product complying to their specifications and have all the freedom to distribute it on their own conditions. Andrea Informatique provides only the basic block of Galaxy and the related services to customize the product at their convenience. In the end, the customer can present the final HES as their own product.
The HES system normally imports the data, stores it in the proper way, executes specific cleaning and splits tasks before making it available for billing and analysis.
In addition to these basic functions, the HES provides reporting capabilities for loading and demands forecasting, management reports, and customer service metrics.
Galaxy provides a master web application to control all devices in its scope, and also provides programming interfaces (APIs) to connect all the network components like data concentrators, meters, hubs, etc. This is the main function of the Galaxy generic platform. Indeed, Galaxy ensures the consistency of the data and the entire management of all the
devices connected to it.
Andrea Informatique is providing an attractive and cost-efficient solution with the Galaxy offer, for meter providers looking for a complete reading system.
Here is the list of Galaxy’s features:
- Smart meter deployment planning and management
- Meter and network asset monitoring and management
- Obtaining meter data at a configured period of time
- Execute commands to the meters (Firmware upgrade, connect, disconnect, etc.)
- Synchronizing time, Reporting real-time alarms and events, etc
- Reporting daily register readings
- Web-based monitoring of energy-critical parameters, from secure and safe DATASTORE systems
- Periodic reports with respect to geography/consumer group / GIS parameters of data over web
- Configurations can be made in both web-based as well as desktop based applications
- Dynamic configurations with respect to the utility / user-requirement
- Secure multi-level user management
- User activity audit report/logs
- Grouping of meters based on administrative/electrical/network hierarchy
- Meter cloning feature to reduce the configuration time
- Import/export configuration using Excel templates
- Automated smart meter provisioning (i.e. addition, deletion and updating of meter information)
- Reporting daily register readings to the MDM system
- Flexible and advanced template based on ad-hoc reports
- Easy device group management with minimal effort for group handling (one definition applied to a group of devices for reading, reconfiguring, reporting, etc.)
- Optimizes resource utilization with automatic load balancing
- Features secure pull and push mechanisms (IDIS, DLMS/COSEM) for data retrieval from metering devices
- Sends push notifications to other systems
- Extends system features with a simple addition of new functional modules
- Extends system performance with a simple addition of parallel instances of server modules
- Enables deployment on existing hardware and use of virtualization technology of any choice
- Comes with a powerful web service based integration layer
- Enables customer support personnel to perform on-line meter reading and move-in/move out procedures (disconnection/reconnection of power supply)
- Allows easy communication with customers via multiple communication channels, including web portals, text messages and e-mails regarding the consumption of all energy sources