HES & MDM
Andrea has been working in the smart metering sector for more than 12 years, and after designing several products and tools, particularly Pegasus, the G3-PLC Hybrid Smart Meter and Spider, the Data Concentrator/Gateway, Andrea has decided to design an Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) and has implemented Galaxy (HES/MDM).
Galaxy is the result of a huge research eﬀort based on a strong experience in the smart metering sector and more particularly in an in-depth knowledge of technologies in the management of water, electricity and gas meters.
Galaxy can be seen as a basic functional block allowing a comprehensive and reliable customization of the target HES/MDM. Indeed, Andrea Informatique can implement the speciﬁc customer block as a part of our smart metering oﬀering. In other words, Galaxy is customized to match and enhance customer requirements, a product complying with their speciﬁcations.
The target is to boost our customers to comply with their requirements in quite a reasonable period of time and at the lowest possible cost. On the other hand, Andrea has a comprehensive business model with a high added value to utilities, meter providers and service companies.
Galaxy proposes also Canari, a Mobile Phone application (iOS/Android). Canari helps utilities to send, in real time, information about the consumption and other services. In other words, Canari helps the ﬁnal user to understand their bills, to identify how and when the energy is being consumed and therefore, to modify their habits to save energy/money.
- Meters management
- Data collection
- Meter conﬁguration and update
- Data and storage management
- Data access
- Data visualization (widgets)
- System status and statistics
Meter Management, Conﬁguration & Update
- Deﬁne models of meters (companion)
- Deﬁne features of each model
- Add the devices to the system
- Organize devices in groups
- Visualize task execution status
- Create tasks: assign the lists to individual meters or groups
- Create lists of conﬁgurations: tariﬀ, limiter, display …
- Create lists of actions: ﬁrmware upgrade, clock sync, relay control
- Deﬁne when the tasks are executed (eg 1st of month at 00:00)
Galaxy is based on standards and proposing clear interfaces at all levels of the system to guarantee interoperability.
The controlled scalability of the application allows the design and integration of new modules or existing applications to exploit the data managed by Galaxy. Indeed, all kind of external applications can be connected to the AMI system and to take advantage of the collected data. The access is done under strict security control.
- Full support of the latest Cosem standards
- Support several connection types HES to meter, meter to HES, meter wake-up by call or SMS
- Support connection to meter or connection to DataConcentrator in mixed conﬁgurations
- Can read Cosem meters implementing diﬀerent companions
- Organize meters in groups, a group can include other groups, a meter or a group can be part of several groups. Commands can be executed on all the devices from the group
- Deﬁne list of objects to be read together, deﬁne reading rules per objects list
- Support speciﬁc operations like meter ﬁrmware upgrade, meter time synchronization
- Support DataNotiﬁcation
- Distributed and scalable conﬁguration can be extended in such way that the computing power ﬁts well the number of installed meters
- Automatic execution of tasks: « conﬁgure and forget » philosophy
Andrea has spent most of the research eﬀort trying to ﬁnd the right options to cover these important requirements. Since the beginning and thanks to the telecommunication experience we have achieved a knowledge, experience and set of tools in Smart Metering and Smart Grid sectors. With Galaxy, Andrea proposes to utilities, meter providers and service companies, to get the right strategy to impose interoperability and security at all levels, this strategy is the most secure way to guarantee success in the critical phase of the roll-out.
Our business model proposes ready-to-use solutions, complying entirely with the customer requirements but more important, our business model proposes knowledge transfer, help in training the engineering team, help in creating the target data collection service our customers are looking for. We are interested in identifying with the customers, all possible options in a mutual and beneﬁcial partnership. One of our main targets is to help our customers, to be technically independent and having the tools to guarantee the success of the data collection in excellent conditions. When this is clearly stated, the expansion of the system with a multivendor oﬀer for the diﬀerent elements of the system is just a formality and not a problem.
Galaxy largely covers the demands of small and medium-sized utilities (around 15M of meters). Today Galaxy (HES/MDM) and Spider (DC) are part of our catalog.
ANDREA presents a complete package of products and support to improve the reliability and to reduce project development time, and in consequence, to reduce the costs of your Smart Metering Projects.