Single phase smart meter G3-PLC HYBRID
Utilities and meter providers are looking for operational, reliable and cost-eﬃcient products. The market is imposing strong requirements, the governments worldwide are trying to achieve the objectives of emission reductions, security of energy supply, and providing quality service to the end-user.
ANDREA Informatique has been working in this area since the very beginning, contributing with its experience to the ﬁrst European smart metering prototypes, and proposes today a package of products, tools and services, which enables the creation of reliable and cost eﬃcient smart equipment.
Indeed, ANDREA Informatique has been, and continues to be, in the middle of this huge challenge that the smart metering and smart grid sectors represent. ANDREA Informatique proposes today a comprehensive AMI system (GALAXY: HES/MDM, SPIDER: DC/GW & Pegasus Smart Meters).
To better support our customers, to propose the tools with the most added value, and to help them ﬁnd the right choice of the master key elements of an AMI system, we propose Pegasus, our performant and cost-eﬃcient smart meter.
Pegasus is the master key in this performant, modular and ﬂexible AMI system. In addition, Pegasus includes CENTAUR, ANDREA’s implementation of the most recent G3-PLC HYBRID communication technology deﬁned by the G3-PLC Alliance. CENTAUR solution has only one communication stack and 2 transceivers, G3-PLC and RF (802.15.4g).
The mesh network is entirely handled by the unique stack running in the application MCU.
Other added value of Pegasus is its mono-chip design for low-cost implementations, which means that the G3-PLC HYBRID communication soft modem and the application (Companion) run on the same chip.
ANDREA Informatique produces Pegasus in partnership with skilled manufacturers. We are able to provide reliable, calibrated and tested equipment at the right time to market.
Pegasus has been designed and implemented using our worldwide proven package of products, tools and services. This package includes the DLMS COSEM tool kits (Client and server), THUNDER or, CENTAUR, the G3-PLC and G3-PLC HYBRID full soft solutions, the well known European Companions (IDIS, LINKY, T5, Meters and More, etc) and much more.
In this context, ANDREA Informatique can naturally adopt any companion to design and implement the target smart meter our customers are looking for. This idea is now a reality in the shape of our Pegasus meter.
As a complement of our commercial oﬀer, we also provide SMARTHAWK, the DLMS COSEM meter conﬁguration tool. SMARTHAWK is an easy-to-use product. Indeed, SMARTHAWK has all the plugins that complied with the IDIS speciﬁcations.
Pegasus has modules used worldwide that have passed all the required certiﬁcations. The mesh network is entirely handled by the unique stack running in the application MCU. Indeed, the Pegasus mono-chip design for low-cost implementations is a real added value.
ANDREA Informatique proposes a comprehensive set of services to help our customers to create reliable and cost eﬃcient equipment at the right time to market. Pegasus can take the variants of LoRaWAN, Wi-SUN, NBIoT, LTE, etc.
Below you ﬁnd the list of its’ main features:
- Integration of ANDREA’s DLMS COSEM server toolkit. This kit is complying with the BOOKS, it is used worldwide and several hundreds of thousands of meters with this kit are now installed on the ﬁeld and working with success.
- Integration of ANDREA’s Centaur, the full soft G3-PLC HYBRID solution. Centaur has been certiﬁed in CenelecA and FCC bands for ARM micro-controllers but can run on any other.
- Any companion (functional speciﬁcations) can be implemented on top of the DLMS COSEM server tool kit.
- The implementation can be tested with ANDREA’s Phenix generic test tool.
- Pegasus is a mono-chip and cost eﬀective solution.
- Pegasus can run on any micro-controller, presently in ARM and ARC architectures.
- Pegasus has been certiﬁed by the DLMS COSEM User Association.
- Pegasus has been certiﬁed by the G3 PLC Alliance as a product in Cenelec A and FCC bands.
- Pegasus has passed the performance certiﬁcation in diﬀerential and coherent modes.
- ANDREA supports the customer in the process to obtain the certiﬁcation of the product.
ANDREA presents a complete package of products and support to improve the reliability and to reduce project development time, and in consequence, to reduce the costs of your Smart Metering Projects.